First day of my holiday

Today(16 August 2009) is my first day of one week holiday! After more than one month I didn’t back hometown(Kulim), today is the day! Started late, I woke up at 12.30pm, straight away eat lunch, save a meal for breakfast(someone said that!). After lunch(what a wonderful lunch), I enter the store room(a lots of books, recycle materials and many useless things) for unclear reason, than I’ve found something(Something that is so thick and green in color)!

National Geographic 86!

I’m sure u guys know NG(National Geographic) rit? It’s famous for it’s documentary series… and of course… photography, u can find a lots of photos inside NG magazine that is so……(speechless)

Wonder why this book so thick? Because inside this book contains 5 series of ‘Official journal of the National Geographic society’. Starting from July, 1987 till November, 1987. Hey! How about 86?! I can’t find any ‘journal’ with that date…BTW, it’s an ‘antique’ book, date back to 22 years! What else can found in my store room?

Anyway, I just looked at the pages at the glance of the eyes…(total of 690 pages!). Then… something caught my eyes…

“The world’s great photographers give this camera lots of abuse.”

This is Olympus OM-4Ti, the body is sculpted from Titanium…blah blah blah… This doesn’t attract me, the reason I stop here is… I remember that my house got one of this! When I was young(know nothing about photography), I played with that before…and I still remember where it stored at…

I went back to the store room(a lots of books, recycle materials and many useless things), now, for a clear reason… to search for that camera.

This is Olympus-Pen EE-2, which is produced from 1968 to 1977! This was belong to my grandfather…long long time ago…an antique now

I tried to understand how it works, it’s a film camera, with ring flash(if not mistaken), and adjustable shutter speed(if not mistaken) on the top right. I’ve took some photos…

‘MADE IN JAPAN’, still got its serial no. Eh… I’m not mean to give u 4D number har….. :p

After shooting, I kept flipping the pages… until I found another something that caught my eyes…

High-speed photography!

Dr. Harold E. Edgerton- The man who made time stand still, is the father of high speed photography. The photo above is the ‘father’(left) and a bullet pierces an apple at 1900 mph(3057.8km/h)!

This balloons also burst by a bullet with the exposure of a half-millionth of a second(0.000002 second)!!!

The ‘King’ was dead!

I’ve came out a conclusion…

our ‘father’ love bullets…

i kept flipping the pages until…..

Hot air balloons! This one is ‘a lots’ and colorful. I still remembered last time when I went Putrajaya for Floria 09…

How to compare?! Zeppelin, Zeppelin, Zeppelin, lin, lin, lin…

I kept flipping, flip, flip, flip…. Till I reached the end…

-

-

-

-

-

Wait!

-

-

Wat?!

Sekolah Menengah XXX- Perpustakaan- Pulau Pinang?!

Someone staled it? Or they went for recycle? Then I remembered that my dad previously(long long time ago) worked in a recycle management company. He grabbed back anything(books, magazine, comics…) that found to be useful(useless by others). That’s the reason why store room got a lots of those ‘antique’.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh!the Pen series!wonder how much they worth now

Cellyn Y said...

the high speed camera for bulleting the apples...make me think of CSI las vegas.....

Chee Wei Ha said...

kenneth0- ya... hard to find nowadays
sheepyeoh- CSI, a good series, but didn't watch it...haha